FDA Report: Abortion Drug Killing Moms, Babies – Health & Science – CBN News – Christian News 24-7
The abortion drug RU-486 is not only killing babies but also mothers, according to a report issued by the Food and Drug Administration.
According to the FDA report:
• Fourteen women died after taking the drug.
• More than 600 women had to be hospitalized, with more than half requiring major blood transfusions.
• The drug also led to serious or severe infections in 256 patients.
• Overall, more than 2,200 women reported serious medical problems from RU-486.
Pro-Life Action of Oregon is urging all activists in the Pro-Life Movement to become familiar with the abortion drugs Mifepristone, a.k.a., RU-486, and Mifeprostol. This is important for sidewalk counseling.
The number of chemical abortions is on the rise and will continue to rise.
Did you know that . . .
- more than one drug is used in the chemical abortion protocol?
- providers of these drugs have been known to MISUSE or ABUSE these drugs by advising patients to insert the pills vaginally?
- these drugs are manufactured in CHINA?
- Planned Parenthood claims that “only 2 out of 100 patients require a surgical abortion” due to drug failure?
Update, March 26, 2010
- The FDA reports that … “about 5 to 8 out of 100 women taking Mifeprex will need a surgical procedure to end the pregnancy or to stop too much bleeding.” Emphasis added.
This an incomplete abortion. But as usual will not use the word “baby.”
An “incomplete abortion” as defined by Planned Parenthood’s Glossary, means that some of the “pregnancy tissue” — the growing baby — remains in the uterus.
SEPSIS: THE CAUSE FOR ALARM
Sepsis has caused the death of pregnant girls and women using these drugs. The cause? Deadly “Super Bugs,” bacteria that cannot be treated with known antibiotics. We’ve provided links (below) to ongoing reports by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Despite these warnings, Planned Parenthood is stepping up its marketing of this alternative to “surgical abortion.” The new PP on NE Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd. only offers chemical abortions – for now.
CEO David Greenberg has gone on record to state that their new location would offer a “state-of-the-art Surgicenter designed to increase access to abortion care in anticipation of continuing political challenges.”—-2005-06 Annual Report, Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette.
ABORTION DRUGS GLOSSARY
Pro-Life Action of Oregon urges all activists in the Pro-Life Movement to become familiar with the terminology of chemical abortions. Here are the various terms used for it:
- Medical Abortion
- Chemical Abortion
- The Abortion Pill
- RU-486 (this term is being phased out)
- Mifeprex (brand name)
- Mifepristone (generic)
- Misoprostol – taken after Mifepristone
- Incomplete Chemical Abortion – the growing baby remains in the uterus of the mother and requires a surgical abortion
MEDICAL ABORTION REGIMEN – According to the FDA, the approved Mifeprex regimen for a medical abortion through 49 day’s pregnancy is:
- Day One: Mifeprex Administration: 3 tablets of 200 mg of Mifeprex orally at once
- Day Three: Misoprostol Administration: 2 tablets of 200 mcg of misoprostol orally at once
- Day 14: Post-Treatment: The patient must return to confirm that a complete termination has occurred. If not, surgical termination is recommended to manage medical abortion treatment failures.
The FDA continues to track adverse events, i.e., deaths, caused by the drugs.
Read more on Wikipedia about Mifepristone.