National Suicide Hotline: 800-784-2433 www.SuicideHotlines.com
The Hemlock Society has a new name, “Compassion and Choices.” Watch this video of Democrat from Oregon Rep. 3rd District Earl Blumenauer speak in 2010 at their Portland headquarters, where assisted suicide was legalized in 1997.
- My rule: use their original name, the Hemlock Society.
- Their life’s work: DEATH.
VIDEO — Click HERE to watch Earl Blumenauer at Oregon Hemlock Society in 2010.
The Hemlock Society was co-founded by advocates of mercy killing aka euthanasia. The founders were primarily Humanists. (Just like the founders of Planned Parenthood.)
COMPASSION & CHOICES‘ Oregon tag line: A Resource for Oregonians Planning A DEATH WITH DIGNITY. C&C is located in all 50 states in the U.S.
Important Pro-Euthanasia Spokesperson:
Derek Humphry is the Hemlock Society co-founder. Resides in Oregon. He writes about the name change HERE, saying that Hemlock Society was there to help people end their lives when ” . . . dying, trapped in a ruined body, or just plain terminally old and tired of life.”
Important Anti-Euthanasia Organizations, Resources
1. The Patient’s Rights Council – “Frequently Asked Questions: Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide”
Speakers: Rita Marker and Wesley J. Smith
2. Life Guardian Foundation – Dr. Paul Byrne
3. Physicians for Compassionate Care – Dr. William Toffler et al. See link under “Bioethics” in the Links section of this website.