ARCHDIOCESE BACKS TAX INCREASE, Catholic Sentinel, January 7, 2010 issue
In an interview with the Catholic Sentinel, Matt Cato, director of the Archdiocese of Portland’s Justice and Peace Office, is claiming that raising taxes — on businesses during a recession — is in line with Catholic Social Teaching.
From the U.S. Bishops
Option for the Poor and Vulnerable
A basic moral test is how our most vulnerable members are faring. In a society marred by deepening divisions between rich and poor, our tradition recalls the story of the Last Judgment (Mt 25:31-46) and instructs us to put the needs of the poor and vulnerable first.
Yet, isn’t raising taxes NOW not a burden on those of us who can use our earnings to DIRECTLY HELP the poor and vulnerable first? How can we trust organizations with our money?
Opponents of M66 and M67 are business owners who will be unable to create jobs! Visit www.StopJobKillingTaxes.com for more facts.
Included in a long list of Measure 66 and 67 advocates — who stand to fill their coffers with tax money — are pro-abortion groups:
- Planned Parenthood Advocates of Oregon – Planned Parenthood includes abortion and birth control pills as necessary “health care”
- NARAL Pro-Choice Oregon
- Sierra Club (population controllers)
- Freedom Socialist Party Oregon – read “Tax The Rich”
- Oregon New Sanctuary Movement
- See complete List of Advocates at left-wing Defend Oregon’s Vote Yes for Oregon
Oregon’s Special Election is January 26, 2010 – The Voters’ Pamphlet is in the mail this week. Pro-Life Action of Oregon is recommending you VOTE NO!!
Catholics are called to always help the poor! We freely do so!